Thursday 26 April 2012

Progress Report

So far, so good.  The seedlings, begun in late March and planted according to schedule, have sprouted and are growing nicely.  The field is perhaps 40% complete, not bad for a one-woman operation.  And it's still only April 26th.  We've had two-plus days of steady rain so the soil is too wet to work today but there are plenty of other jobs to do, so I'll just post a few pictures of this summer's potential bounty in embryonic form.  And continue to dream . . . 


I hope that you've had a chance to look over my brochure.  They went into mailboxes yesterday and I'll print some more today when I go into town.  I hope to see some of you at the Lakevale Minitrail Goods and Services Auction on Sunday - I've donated two gift certificates to the cause.


Stay well, and keep checking back.  My rhubarb is out of the ground now and growing rapidly.  I expect that and asparagus to be my first offering of the season, and you'll hear it first right here.  Stay well.


Broccoli, peppers and cantaloupe


Tomatoes in the background (doing well); sweet potatoes - they aren't producing slips the way I'd hoped, but it's early days yet.

Under the warming lights


Sorted, dated and ready to plant in the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment