Tuesday 17 April 2012

This Is It!

I've posted nothing over the past few weeks because there was nothing to post, and now that there are things to say I have no time to say them.  Is this true of all farmers in early spring or is it just me?  But let me quickly run through what's going on.

1.  The seeds that must be started indoors have all sprouted and now cover every flat surface in the house.
2.  The entire vegetable garden has been tilled, and tomorrow I'll begin making the raised beds.
3.  The brochure and letter which will go into every mailbox between Lakevale and Livingstone Cove are
     ready to be printed and distributed.  In other words . . .

                                                                   THIS IS IT!


Starting the week of May 1st, everyone who might be interested in buying vegetables at Rose Cottage Garden in Cape George (5884 Highway 337) will be able to check out this blog to see what is available.


I'll post pictures of my produce, along with the price of each product.  I'll also provide some helpful preparation tips for some of the lesser-known vegetables.


I'll tell my readers about what has already been planted, and let everyone know if there have been any unexpected problems that might delay a particular crop.  (This, of course, means deer.)


I've dreamed about this for years: my own market garden on my own property.  People stopping by to say hello, not necessarily to buy but perhaps just to check things out, maybe talk about the weather.  Or maybe just to meet me.


I am your farmer, and the season has just begun.   See you soon!

 

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, I have come to look forward to the spring and summer in my rural community so avidly since I got to know the local strawberry, blueberry and peach growers. Like you said, I enjoy visiting with them, learning about the crop, and just knowing that I have neighbors who are making a living doing what they love (as hard as farming can be). I predict that you will likewise charm your neighbors and learn new things about your community.

    ReplyDelete