Sunday 24 June 2012

Down, But Not Out

It's hard to understand why it's raining in Truro, raining in Pictou, raining in Canso, but it's as dry as a camel's hoof here in Cape George.  However, this is the hand I've been dealt, and I must work with what I have.  Of course my garden is suffering because of this extended lack of moisture, but I am not alone in this regard.


I have not given up.  I continue to nurture the plants that are still alive, even though they haven't grown very much in the past few weeks, and as soon as we do have some rain I'll re-seed as many vegetables as I can.  This is a challenging season, there's no doubt about that, but I am not abandoning my dream of creating a viable and productive mini-market to serve the communities around Cape George.


So be patient, keep checking back here for my opening day, and for those of you who purchased gift certificates at the Mini-Trail Community Auction in April, don't worry.  All certificates will be honoured.


As the classic rock group Chumbawumba sang in their anthem 'Tub Thumping' fifteen years ago:
     I get knocked down
     But I get up again.
     Nothing's ever gonna keep me down.
Farming may not be in my blood, but it's in my heart, and I have the will to make this project work.  I just need a little cooperation from Mother Nature.







No comments:

Post a Comment