Wednesday 23 May 2012

It's Showtime!

Planting is going on almost daily and I'm pleased to say that a number of things are beginning to poke their heads above the soil line.


I'm new to this so providing an accurate estimate of expected harvests is still difficult, but I'll go out on a limb and say that my first market day will probably be June 16th or 20th.


Check this blog a little closer to the dates indicated and I'll be far more certain.  In the meantime, the rhubarb is almost doubling in size every day so I anticipate a good quantity for the 16th, along with some salad greens.


I'll take the camera down with me today and snap a few pictures.  It still looks like a dinosaur's graveyard, but one with hints of green here and there, a promise of things to come.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you are incredibly busy right now. Stop by soon.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, but please refresh my memory. Who ARE you?

      Delete